BACKGROUND – NMT Nursing Collage
Among others, Nursing is one choice for girls to be carrier oriented. In modern world, the scope of nursing has become very broad. Now-a-days, nurses are getting more opportunities at national & international levels.
Nepal, besides facing the health problems as any others country, also has its own specific difficulties in solving their problems. While there is a huge mass of unfinished agenda to deal with, newer challenges are emerging. These challenges need to be faced from diverse sectors & angles.
In any strategy to cope with health problems, production of appropriate human resource is the common denominator and can not be avoided. Therefor more important is to be produce adequate number of mid-level health professional needed at all level of health care delivery system.
“Health isWealth”, is will be proved if each and every people are the nation must behealthy to make their nation healthy. Health mainly deals with mentally,physically, Spiritaully Fit without and deformity. It is possible when peopleare aware of meaning of health. Awareness of health is given by healthprofessional.
In this context,initially member of the college management committee embarked on the enormoustask of nursing education for the country. To Fulfill the demand of nation NMTNursing College is established in this industrial district- Hetauda underaffiliation of CTEVT and ccredited by Nepal Nursing Council.
It is situated atthe heart of the Hetauda. It is nurtured and cared by warm & beautifullyflowered greenish environment of hills, Rapti River and protected byManakamana. It will produce Staff Nurse who has sound knowledge and skill. Theywill be able to work at any level with compete professional skill in hospitalas well as in community with feeling of full responsibilities.
Regarding that the health professionals are extremely important in a process of creating a healthy nation, our mission is to produce technically competent and socially responsible healthy professional, as who are:
- Able to face the 21st century challenges in the nursing profession.
- Possess strong sense of social responsibilities.
- Loving and caring with compassionate.
- Willing to continue life long learning.
- Good team players.
Our vision is to deliver health education of the highest quality to meet the needs of individuals, academic institution, health institution and the national as a whole through widening participation and by raising the intellectual, academic and practical achievements of young people and adults in Nepal, by proving skills, knowledge and qualification as well as by facilitating the ethical norms and social responsibilities.
NMT NURSING COLLEGE has the education philosophy that the learning and teaching of health science bocomes meaningful and refine their knowledge base whenever needed and the students have scientific attitude towards the knowledge base, understand and accept the pricipales of evidence based practice.
In order to achieve this goal. The NMT Nursing College has the following educational strategies:
- System based integrated approach of basic science.
- More emphasis in practical exercise in hospital.
- Field work practice in communities where the real public health care need is felt.
- Enough practice in students learning center.
- Case presentation session.
- Self direct student-centered learning etc.
FUTURE PLAN OF COLLEGE
Among others, Nursing is one choice for girls to be carrier oriented. In modern world, the scope of nursing has become very broad.
- College has planned to open, Dental Technician 3 years course, General Medicine 3 years course and Diploma in Pharmacy 3 year course in future session.
- College has planned to start Bachelor of nursing in near future.
- College has planning to start 100 bed hospital in own land.
- College has planning to build Academic/ administrative building in own land.
GOAL OF NMT NURSING COLLEGE
The goal of NMT Nursing College is to prepare sound and skillful professional nurse who can share her services independently as the member of health team in holistic way to people and able to take leadership role in client care in the hospital as well as in the community in global aspect.